Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Really Important Things I've Learned this Week

I don't get out often these days, but when I do, I try to really appreciate it and look for the good things that are out there. In the past 7 days or so I've learned a few things, so I thought I'd pass them on to you...

1. The West Boylston Post Office is far superior to the Worcester main post office. Regardless of when you go the the main Worcester office the parking lot is a nightmare. There is always a line of cars waiting to park and then when you finally get inside the giagantic line is being held up by someone trying to mail a chicken to Ghana. Always. This is made more difficult when you hobble in there on crutches with packages to mail packages from your fledgling eBay business. There wasn't a chicken this time, but someone was trying to mail a plastic Stop & Shop bag filled with canned goods to Virginia. Apparently no one in the Woo knows how the U.S. mail system actually works. Today I had packages to mail and a PT appointment in West Boylston. (Or maybe the appointment was in Worcester? It's right on the line.)  I decided to seek out the West Boylston post office. Behold! A post office with no line, smiling people, plenty of parking, and no chickens being mailed out of country. Well worth the drive if you ask me. 

2. Driving an automatic rocks. I have driven a standard since I can remember. Then I broke my ankle. I couldn't drive my car for the foreseeable future and since it was falling part anyway, we decided to sell it for an automatic. I wasn't 100% on Team Automatic until I decided to reward myself today with post PT Starbucks. If you've ever been to the drive thru at the Starbucks where the old Aku Aku used to be, you know that the drive thru is a hill. In my old car, I'd get a cramp in my clutch leg if I had to wait too long and I'd almost always stall just as I got to the window. But today? I drove up happily, grabbed my coffee, and moved on. Happy and caffeinated. 

3. Someone in my building is having the newspaper delivered. What?! I didn't even know the Telegram delivered to the 'hood! Gentrification. It's happening. 

4. Butter pecan iced coffee is back at Dunkin's!! Like many true born and bred New Englanders, I drink iced coffee all year long. (Well, as soon as I realized you could order it in the winter, which I learned about 12 years ago when I accosted a person in January, demanding to know where they got that iced coffee in the winter. Who knew?!) Butter pecan is by far the most superior flavor and it's back! Like the shopping cart, the reappearance of butter pecan coffee heralds the coming of spring. And now that we've next door to a Dunk's I have some seriously easy access. Winning! Speaking of spring, my brother in law spotted this little gem the other day. Spring. It's almost here. 


5. If you have a Clapper attached to the light in your bedroom and your child comes into your room at 2am coughing, the cough WILL make the light turn off and on. And the next night, your husband WILL try to fart in the exact pattern needed to turn the light on. Awesome. 

6. Finally, if we invite you to dinner at our house, don't eat the vegetables. We don't eat them anymore. I just use them to ice my ankle and then refreeze them. Veggie shaped ice packs courtesy of Price Chopper. 




No comments:

Post a Comment