Monday, March 2, 2015

The Guy with the Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection

From time to time we go out in or 'hood. When in Rome and all that. One of those nights, Joe was in Vegas, so my sister, cousin, and I decided to head out into the Woo for dinner and drinks. I forget where we went for dinner, (That part's not important.) but I do know that we ended up at a local watering hole long after we probably should have been in bed. (My mom always told me, "Nothing good happens past midnight." The next time you're out past midnight, think about this. Chances are you are up to no good.) Anyway, we arrived at the bar with some friends and ordered drinks. (Extra dirty martini. Because nothing says "hydration" like gin and olive juice, am I right?!) The drinks arrived. We drank and chatted for a bit. And then I realized that my sister was missing. Not good. I decided to go on a hunt for the missing sister and trekked out into the big bad Woo, where I quickly discoverd that it was snowing. (Ugh.) I stood in front of the bar, shivering and pondering my next move when a pretty colorful Worcesterite walked up to me. He noticed I was freezing in my short sleeved shirt and offered me his jacket. His jacket that had the sleeves ripped off. (Who says chivalry is dead?! Obviously they've never been standing outside a bar in Worcester at 1am.) I was tipsy, he was tipsy...so of course we started chatting. Apparently he'd been at St. V's earlier than night where his girlfriend was staying due to an antibiotic resistant staph infection, that he'd supposedly given her. (It was at this point that I decided that it was a good idea to smoke the menthol cigarette he offered me. Like I said. Tipsy.) The nurse asked him to leave when visiting hours ended, so of course he did what any civilized person would do. He punched the nurse. And was promptly thrown out of the hospital. So of course he went to a bar. Of course. At this point my phone started buzzing uncontrollable with text after incoherent text. From my sister. Apparently she gave up trying to text me (because she couldn't seem to type clearly) and instead shouted, "Heidi! Stop talking about staph infections and get over here!" I'd found her! Lying across the hood of my cousin's snow-covered car. Yes!! 

This story ends here. No big excitement. My cousin drove us home and we went to bed. However, there is one other way home from this particular bar...

You see, you can see the street this bar is on from our building. But due to a mind boggling maze of dead end streets, you can't get there directly. Or can you?? If you walk down the path (alley?) between the abandoned crack house and the three decker, you can get to a little patch of woods. (The same woods where two crack heads later killed another crack head and set her body on fire. Safe, right?!) Anyway, if you walk down the path, over some rocks, and into the "woods," you will be let out onto the end of our street. Ghetto shortcut. One night we even found a boxing nun puppet on this was, which we of course took home and played with all night. Because that's what you do when you find a boxing nun right!?

Nights out in the 'hood. They don't happen often these days, but when they do you know that something crazy is bound to happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment